Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
October 27, 2009In part three of BigGoldNation.com's 5-Question series we sit down and talk with returning guard R.L. Horton from Jackson, Mississippi.
As a sophomore Horton posted 32 starts and logged more than 35-minutes per game for the Eagles. Horton a true "two" guard was forced into playing the point for much of the season. This year his role will be a little different and he talks about it in this exclusive Q&A session with BigGoldNation.com.
5-Questions with R.L. Horton
1) How will your role change with the departure of Wise and Beasley, with Johnson becoming eligible?
I will have to step up and be a real leader. Angelo Johnson and I have been playing together for a year now since he was practicing last year so we are ready.
2) We have heard that you put in a tough off season of work. What parts of your game do you feel are improved over this time last year?
I feel that I can finish better around the basket and also I have improved my three point shot.
3) How are the new players adjusting to the speed of the game at the Division I level?
Easily because they worked so hard this summer and fall so they are adjusting well.
4) Of the new players, who should fans really keep an eye on?
Every new player is worth watching because they all bring something great to the game.
5) What are your personal and team goals for the upcoming season?
My personal goal is to become a great leader and my team goal is to go as far as we possibly can go through hard work from our practices.
Next week BGN will sit down with Southern Miss newcomer Angelo Johnson.
Stay locked on BigGoldNation.com for complete coverage of Southern Miss Basketball.
?2009 BigGoldNation.com, all rights reserved.
Kansas State NEWS